The Key to Determining Your State of Health
The Eidon Mineral Balancing Program for Optimal Health
Download the Hair Analysis Test form, fill it out and mail hair sample directly to Bio-Trend technologies.
For a single hair mineral analysis is $100.00.
For two analyses sent at the same time; $95.00 each.
For three or more sent at the same time; $90.00 each.Follow the instructions on the form:
Place a small sample of your hair in a small envelope and mail it, along with your payment and completed test form, directly to
PO Box 497
Lambertville, MI 48144.
Read now, or print out for later use: How to Interpret Test Results (Hair Test Results and Analysis; What is it telling you?).If you would like to expedite the process, overnight your sample to the lab and request that your results be emailed back to you.(Be sure to include your email address and check your Junk Mail folder, in case your ISP blocks their email, for a reply.)
Allow 4 to 6 weeks for the results.
Why Do a Hair Analysis?
At the root of optimal health is mineral balance. Chemically, all living things are a combination of water, carbon, nitrogen, and all of the other elements or minerals found on the planet. The amounts of each element required for optimal health are precise.
It is well known that seeds planted in mineral deficient or imbalanced soils will either not grow at all or will be so weak that they become easy fodder for insects, fungi and bacteria. We humans are no different.
How to Do a Hair Analysis
What to do BEFORE you cut your hair:
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo. However, do not use a dandruff shampoo for at least 2 weeks prior to cutting as they often contain their own minerals which could alter the results.
- Following shampooing, avoid using conditioners, hair styling products/gels, leave-in conditioners, etc.
- Cut as close to the scalp as possible. You may want to take a cut from the back of your head as that’s where your hair often grows the fastest. You can also cut very small samples from all over your head in order to not leave any bald spots; especially if you have very short hair.
NOTE: Dyes, tints, perms, highlights, bleaching and color rinses contain chemicals so it’s important that you NOT submit hair that’s been chemically treated within the last 8 weeks. Additional information and instructions can be found in the test form.
As a species, we are 99% dependent upon our plant based foods and water for all of our mineral nutrients. Unfortunately, even if we ate organically grown foods, today’s farming practices virtually preclude the delivery of an adequate amount of all of the elements necessary to keep us healthy. When you add to that the average American’s highly processed food diet, you have a recipe for disaster now being reflected in the increasingly poorer health of our nation. America’s health is in a precipitous decline which has every possibility of turning us into a second world nation. This is not because of genetics, the sun, or new strains of virus’ or bacteria. It is the sole result of the Standard American Diet, better known as SAD, a very appropriate acronym. Conservatively, 95% of our illnesses today are a result of poor diets which create significantly imbalanced mineral levels within our body. Ironically, in this country of abundance, we are starving for nutrients. They are not in adequate amounts in our primary nutrient source, our foods. This lack of proper nutrition brings about a mineral imbalance as the body seeks to cope in a catch as catch can manner. Eventually this sub-optimum state creates cellular, tissue, and eventually organ imbalances in our body.
Hair mineral analysis has been used for over 40 years as an assessment tool by many Medical Practioners, as well as the World Health Organization. Over time great strides have been made in the evaluation of what a hair mineral analysis is actually revealing. More than simply revealing mineral deficiencies and excesses, the specific mineral ratios are indicative of, among other things, your metabolic rate, ability to manage sugar, level of stress, and thyroid and adrenal function. With Eidon, the process is affordable, simple and straight forward. And it does not require the extra interpretation fee’s of a Practitoner’s office visit. The results are analyzed by a nutritional clinic in Michigan and presented in an easy to view graphical presentation. While the graph is important, the most crucial aspect is the skilled interpretation of the results.
Bio-Trend Technologies provides the analysis, a most important feature of Eidon’s hair test. A mineral menu is created based upon your personal mineral status which will start you on the path to mineralibrium ( mineral balance). Your customized mineral menu instructs you as to what minerals you should be taking, when to take them and how much to take. Considering the depth of knowledge required to accurately evaluate a hair test, and the fact that you get consistent interpretations, Eidon hair mineral analysis is an incredible value that supplies information for you to acquire personal control over your health. Supplementing with Eidon minerals provides you with the basic building blocks of life in a high quality liquid and completely bioavailable form.
ACHIEVING OPTIMAL HEALTH THROUGH MINERAL BALANCING AND LIFESTYLE AWARENESS:
The Eidon mineral balancing program will provide you with the elemental nutrients necessary to re-establish your proper tissue mineral levels; but an additional requirement for optimal health is readjusting your lifestyle if you haven’t already done so.
Optimize your normal nutrient intake; minimize heavy metal exposure and have amalgam fillings removed by a dentist who practices toxic free dentistry. Avoid pesticides, hormones and anti-biotics in your foods, and reduce stress, both physical and mental as much as possible.
The following are Five Fundamentals for a healthier life:
- Eliminate refined sugar and flour from your diet.
- Eat organically raised plants and animals whenever possible.
- Eliminate processed fats and oils from your diet. (this includes vegetable oils and hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils)
- Filter your water for both drinking and bathing. Chlorine is a deadly poison and distilled water is devoid of minerals.
- Exercise (walking is good) 3-4 times per week.
There is no one thing or magic pill you can do or take to achieve good health. It requires a holistic approach, a conscious lifestyle and moderation in most things along with a renewed focus on achieving and maintaining a proper mineral balance.
The Eidon Mineral Balancing Protocol is a customized mineral balancing program that will provide you with the information you need to know to make informed decisions regarding your mineral selections. Hair mineral analysis is a laboratory test that measures mineral content present in the hair. A small amount of hair taken easily from the scalp is scientifically analyzed using an ICP Mass Spectrometer.
The mineral content of the hair will give an overview of the mineral levels in the body’s tissues and the changes that occur over time. Unlike hair, blood mineral levels stay relatively the same even when the tissue mineral levels are changing. Since hair is a living, metabolically active tissue, an accurate hair mineral analysis performed by a reliable laboratory therefore will provide a timeline of metabolic activity unavailable on a blood test. Therefore providing the knowledgeable, health conscious consumer with valuable information including:
- Low and/or excessive levels of minerals detected in the hair may indicate corresponding low or high levels of these same minerals in the body.
- A possible indication of the body’s ability to utilize certain minerals.
- Toxic levels of undesirable elements including lead, arsenic, mercury, cadmium, beryllium, and aluminum.
- Mineral ratios can be established that indicate metabolic balance. For example: Calcium/Phosphorus, Calcium/Magnesium, Sodium/Potassium, Zinc/Copper and others.
- Which important dietary and supplement changes are needed by each individual to help balance their current mineral levels.
Understanding Your Test Results
Special points of interest:
- Mineral levels in the hair correspond well to the levels of those minerals in the body.
- Minerals are essential for the normal healthy functioning of all living cells.
- Environmental factors contribute to mineral imbalances because of toxic mineral exposure.
- Improper dietary habits can also lead to mineral imbalances.
- Over 25 mineral levels are tested in each hair sample:
Nutrient Minerals: Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, Copper, Zinc, Phosphorus, Iron, Manganese, Chromium, Selenium, Boron, Cobalt, Molybdenum, Sulfur, and Vanadium.
Toxic Minerals: Arsenic, Beryllium, Mercury, Cadmium, Lead, and Aluminum.
Additional Minerals: Barium, Nickel, Strontium, and Lithium.
Our minerals are good for your pets, too!
We use the same form and testing for your pets. If you’re submitting hair samples from your pet(s), use the “Occupation” section of the form to let us know. Cross out “Occupation” and indicate ANIMAL HAIR – Dog, Cat, Horse, etc.